Thursday, July 26, 2012

Note to Self: Don't Be a Food Snob

I will finish my granola post today and have something else to post later.  I spent all my day yesterday in the kitchen and didn't get to blog.  I know y'all missed hearing something, right?

I saw this post on another blog this morning and would like to share.  We needed to hear this in our house today.  I'm going to be honest, I didn't even read the whole thing....
Food choices are not a moral issue
I just read enough to be put back in place.

To repeat what I said on Facebook about it - This is a good reminder, what works for one family isn't necessarily what works for another. We shouldn't live in judgement, let's just try to do the best we can for ourselves. Sometimes "best" needs to be evaluated too. We are blessed to have CHOICES in our lives and in this country.  Obviously healthier food choices lead to healthier bodies, but I also know that when you deprive yourself of something you love, crazy emotions pop up.  Mental, spiritual, emotional health is just as important as physical health.

I'm spending hours searching for local and organic food sources and my hubby is pissed off at McDonalds and big animal factories, but that does not give us the right to "judge" anybody else's choices.  We are all humans on this planet, and we are all created equal, right?  Everyday is an opportunity to learn and grow.

I'm just passionate about food.  I'm going to post about a bit more food and then I think later this week I'll do an informative exercise post.

Thank you for reading....I'll be back very shortly.

4 comments:

  1. Very good I like that. Your post are helpful and creative, needless to say also healthy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be a food snob and then I got to the point in my life where I feel completely overwhelmed and don't spend near as much time, money or energy worrying about food as I used to. It's good to be passionate but yeah sometimes it's easy o judgebpople without haing a grasp of their own individual circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, it's good to be reminded of that sometimes

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete